Vimeo takes our customer insights seriously, and we encourage a culture of data-driven decisions for both product development and business development. As members of the Consumer Insights team, we turn data and user-experience feedback into helpful, actionable insights. We support the entire organization and help provide a unified, company-wide perspective.
The Consumer Insights team is in search of a leader with a strong bias for action. Someone who loves to champion the voice of our customers and has a deep empathy for our creator community.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Consumer Insights discipline within Vimeo and consult with the COO when necessary/appropriate
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to identify where we should evaluate new ideas, concepts, and existing experiences, and assist the team in making critical decisions affecting the user experience
- Set research goals, develop/implement the approach, manage the research, pull together the analyses and present actionable results
- Manage a team of two direct reports
- Prioritize and balance company goals with varying user needs
- Manages research partners, ensuring quality execution
- Advises on research budget and manages research spend throughout the year
- Champion a research and insights culture that develops deep empathy for our creators
- Communicate and present test results and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely
- Work as part of the quantitative analytics team to integrate research findings with behavioral data and other quantitative findings
- Oversee our community of Vimeo Advisors, ensuring panel growth, health and engagement
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 7+ years’ experience conducting user experience research and/or market research - demonstrated expertise in a relevant field and/or client side experience is preferred
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools. Methodologies may include experimental design, surveys, in-depth interviews, lab and remote usability testing (experience with UserTesting.com a major plus)
- Experience leading quant and qual research studies from end to end
- Strong understanding of how consumer insights drive product development
- Proven ability to self-motivate, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and produce tangible results
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams combined with the ability to influence and lead others
- Demonstrated experience in growing and managing a team
- Proficiency in survey programming (familiarity with Qualtrics a major plus), G-Suite (Google Docs, Sheets and Slides), Excel (pivot tables, filters, vlookups, etc.), and/or PowerPoint (charts/graphs)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.