We’re looking for a Copywriter to join the Vimeo Creative team. This person should not only be a master of words, but also a big idea thinker and executer. Someone who will both sweat the smallest detail of a headline and help define the brand-voice of the entire company. All before lunch.
Copywriters, and all the creatives at Vimeo, wear a few hats. But, specifically, they are expected to be the storytellers of Vimeo. That means they should be skilled in concepting, presenting, writing and overseeing the creation of anything that goes out into the world with our name on it.
This person will collaborate with internal and external team members for all things “creative” — brand platforms, integrated campaigns, one-off films, brand activations, content, social media, events, innovation projects, naming, even the occasional new product development.
They should also speak Internet — able to express an idea in 140 characters (or, I guess, 280 characters now) or creative a piece of content that catches your attention in the first frame.
And, naturally, they should understand brand strategy, and how it plays out in every place that people come in contact with Vimeo.
In particular, applicants should have a background in copywriting and at least 3 years experience working for creative agencies or in-house creative teams. Ideally both.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the design and copy teams at Vimeo to concept and create branded communications: campaigns, ads, videos, social posts, marketing, blog posts, events, emails, activations, etc.
- Work closely with the creative and product teams to make our product h-o-t. That will include reworking our current site to make it even better, and helping to position, name, brand and launch new products and features.
- Work closely with the creative team and Creator Labs to help push innovation and define the future of storytelling at Vimeo.
- Continue to define and strengthen the beloved Vimeo brand, and enable the world’s creators to tell even more amazing stories.
- Be comfortable providing creative oversight during video shoots, post-production, events production, and anything-else production.
- Be responsible and autonomous. Vimeo Creative is a very self-starting and self-regulating crew. And it’s largely on you to stay on track, deliver on-schedule and do your thing.
- Collaborate daily with teams across Vimeo, including Marketing, Product, Engineering, Community, Biz Dev, Creator Labs and beyond.
If you’re applying, you should:
- Have 3+ years of experience as a member of a creative team within creative agencies or in-house creative teams. Ideally both.
- Have a bachelor’s degree, and a background in copywriting and creative
- Have a digital portfolio containing relevant creative and copywriting examples
- Be a word nerd.
- Have a design eye, even if you don’t have a design hand. Meaning, you have a design sensibility and be able to tell a visual story, even if you aren’t a Photoshop whiz.
- Be a stickler for brand guidelines (and, just as importantly, know when to ignore then entirely)
- Light coding skills are a plus
To apply, please send us:
- A brief, non-generic cover letter
- A link to your portfolio
- A great resume
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories, and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.