Varsity Tutors is seeking a versatile Senior Marketing Manager specializing in Retention and Email Marketing to help manage, enhance, and develop the company’s customer acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, results-oriented, have a strong bias for action, and be intellectually curious. The Senior Marketing Manager of Retention and Email is responsible for the development of a comprehensive Retention, Subscription and Loyalty strategies that influences customer behavior and increases customer lifetime value.
Varsity Tutors is a fast-growing education technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV, which will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time. Come join our team!
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record of working at the strategic and tactical level to develop and execute innovative Customer Retention Marketing initiatives including personalized / segmented communications, campaigns and promotions.
- Solid understanding of CRM and experience with CRM strategy
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; Advanced Excel and basic SQL experience is preferred.
- Experience working with and implementing product, tech and data teams for database marketing, data / tech requirements gathering and driving integration with CRM technologies.
- Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical initiatives are driven.
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Create, optimize, and evolve retention strategies to keep clients
- Improves the customer experience and drives core business objectives at each stage of the customer journey through email marketing with the end goal of customer data acquisition and purchase participation.
- Develop an overall CRM strategy & communications plan to leverage the most effective marketing channels (email, mobile, in-app, etc.) to drive success against critical KPIs through an in-depth and on-going analysis of consumer insights and patient journey mapping.
- Coordinates the design and execution of email communications in cooperation and alignment with the marketing services, brand definition and experience, and planning and strategy teams, as well as team members from each individual business unit as applicable.
- Create strategies to strengthen our relationship with our customers throughout their lifecycle by driving high-value behaviors, reducing churn and increasing lifetime value
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate initiatives, with an understanding and strategic view of all internal/external variables to retain and delight our customers
- Manage Email Marketing team to execute the email strategy (workflows, segmentation, testing, deploying campaigns)
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with design, marketing, engineering, and BI teams.
- Once retention channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Can own retention and marketing programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs. (INDHP)
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday (for your birthday!)
- VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate family members
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture.
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.