Varsity Tutors is seeking a talented and motivated full-time Executive Assistant to join our team in Tempe, AZ and provide full support to members of the company’s executive team and employees located both locally and remotely.
Our ideal candidate will be highly resourceful, adaptable, and proactive at anticipating needs. Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and high levels of discretion and integrity are also paramount. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking for a fast-paced and energetic environment, who is excited by the prospect of taking on a great deal of responsibility quickly and wants to contribute to Varsity Tutors’ overall success.
The Executive Assistant role will ultimately be responsible for enhancing our leaders’ effectiveness by providing administrative expertise in the form of high level calendar management across various time zones, meeting and event coordination, travel arrangements, and will work cohesively within a team of Executive Assistants. The individual in this role will also work within a team to oversee and maintain the Tempe office, which includes office cleanliness and upkeep, mail and package delivery, inventory management, managing vendor relationships and overall office budget management. This role will play a big part in creating an enjoyable and fun place to work directly influencing the Varsity Tutors team and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience at the executive level in a fast-paced environment required
- 1-2 years of office administration or similar experience is desirable
- Extremely proactive and self-driven, with the ability to anticipate
needs and find solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment capabilities
- Technically savvy and capable of being productive using a variety
of different software programs including Microsoft products, Google
products, Apple products, and other systems used by the company
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Be a people-person with a friendly, positive attitude
- Provide full support to multiple executives and broader staff located both locally and remote in a professional and consistent manner.
- Manage complex calendars and scheduling across various times zones with diplomacy and discretion; while being able to anticipate, and resolve conflicts.
- Manage domestic and international travel.
- Manage expense report coordination and submission in a timely manner.
- Organize, execute, and assist with board meetings.
- Work closely with the leadership team, finance, and other Executive Assistants to provide support to the organization.
- Handle confidential information discreetly.
- Budget management of all office expenditures.
- Work within a team to staff the office front desk, welcome guests and answer/route the main office incoming phone calls.
- Ensure both new and existing employees have the resources they need to be successful.
- Assist with planning company-wide events and meetings, including off-site and social activities.
- Responsible for the office overall look and feel, with regular maintenance coordination, and building office morale
- Monitor inventory and order, maintain, and distribute goods and packages as they are delivered to the office.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new employees.
- Create, implement, and improve procedures + processes to help Varsity Tutors run more efficiently.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc special projects to help the overall business needs.
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday (for your birthday!)
- VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members
- Front row seat on a "rocket ship"; once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Standing desks, catered lunches for events, free snacks and drinks, game wall and a relaxed dress code.
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture.
- Brand new office located off the 202 and 101 freeways in Tempe
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. (INDHP)