At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success, and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Area Sales Assistant to be trained in New Homes Sales!
As an Area Sales Assistant, you will be mentored by experienced New Homes Sales Managers and/or Sales Associate(s) at different communities and learning how to create interest, assist the sales team with prospecting and appointment-setting, follow up with prospective customers, transfer knowledge of our homes and the market, secure contracts, and provide customer service while maintaining relationships with purchasers. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about a career in the new home sales business!
Area Sales Assistants could work with various Sales Managers at communities, potentially rotating between our different communities to learn about the variety of products Van Metre has to offer.
All Van Metre New Homes Sales team members work weekends, with 2 days off during the week. As an Area Sales Assistant, you will be serving our communities throughout the Loudoun County area.
- Managing inventory of sales and marketing brochures and supplies
- Greeting and Welcoming prospective homebuyers to the community
- Scheduling appointments
- Collecting all pertinent information from visiting traffic
- Inputting and maintaining prospective buyers into our database
- Assisting Sales Manager and/or associate with any general clerical, contract, or scheduling duties Learning about different product offerings and types of buyers
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree preferred
- Prior Sales Experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and evening hours
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- Time Management
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
A Realtors License is NOT required, and an active licensee will be required to inactivate their license.
Van Metre Companies has been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post for seven consecutive years! We have received the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for the last six years, and have received their Corporate Philanthropy Award for the last nine years in a row!!!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.