Van Metre is seeking a Leasing Consultant at Woodland Park Apartments in Herndon, VA. Our Leasing Consultants take pride in their work, recognizing the value of teamwork and ownership of their responsibilities and impact. They are not only the face of our residential properties, but the heart of the community. Leasing Consultants are key contributors to the company’s success and we’re here to support you in your journey with professional development, career mentorship and growth opportunities, and great benefits and perks.
As a Leasing Consultant, your primary focus will be to develop productive and positive relationships with residents (both current and prospective) that maximize client satisfaction, occupancy, and retention, while remaining true to Van Metre’s mission, vision, and values.
- Greet every visitor to the community with a warm welcome, making yourself available to answer questions and assist as needed
- Engage in sales activities to increase traffic and occupancy (i.e., grassroots marketing)
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the property and its amenities, and act as a resource for current and prospective residents
- Build relationships with prospective residents by conducting phone and email follow-up, scheduling and conducting property tours, and processing rental applications
- Provide excellent customer service by checking in with residents, addressing concerns, and conducting lease renewals
- Monitor service requests and communicate with the service team and residents to ensure concerns are resolved quickly and adequately
- In conjunction with the rest of the team, plan, organize, and conduct resident events
- Complete three exterior community inspections weekly and report any deficiencies found (i.e., landscaping/paint needs, property damage, etc.)
- Inspect vacant apartments and report needed repairs to service team in order to maintain superior product quality
- Prepare and complete all sales administrative tasks and reports (i.e., market surveys, etc.)
- Other sales, customer service, and property-related tasks, as needed
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, hospitality, or related fields
- Ability to conduct community and apartment inspections (inside and outside) in varying weather conditions
- Weekend work is required
- Bilingual preferred
- Aptitude for working with people
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Sales and goal orientation
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Social media skills
Van Metre Companies was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for four consecutive years by the Washington Post and the Washington Business Journal! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award four years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.