At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Remodeling Designer in our New Homes Division!
The Architectural Designer will be part of the team responsible for designs, construction documents, and construction administration for Single-Family Homes, Townhomes, Multi-Family Units (Condominiums).
- AutoCAD 2018 Chief Architect work with some project level administrative duties for residential products
- In conjunction with Van Metre Design + Build, work on all small and mid-sized remodeling projects, including review and coordination of structural and mechanical drawings
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related field of study
- 3-6 years' experience with Architectural Design Techniques
- Experience in residential renovation projects
- Knowledge of construction documents
- Expert level experience in AutoCAD Architecture 2018 or Chief Architect
- Experience in Adobe Acrobat Professional and MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of architectural design techniques
Preferred (but not required) Experience:
- Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Photoshop
- Google Sketch Up Pro/ VRAY
- Autodesk 3d Studio Max
Van Metre was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC in 2017, 2018, and 2019 by the Washington Post! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 2 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.