Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Product Analytics team is looking for a Senior Analyst, Trust & Safety Product to drive measurement of our Trust & Safety Product initiatives. This role is critical to build the customer onboarding flows, security tools, and systems to enable operations teams to keep our users safe. This individual will drive insights and partner cross functionally with product management, operations, engineering, and analytics to compel changes in our strategy.
As a critical member of the Product Analytics team, you’ll use your quantitative background and expertise manipulating large datasets to bring unparalleled insights into user behavior and site performance. We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including behavioral measurement, A/B testing, data science model development, and ongoing tracking of our business progress to enable Upwork’s growth. If you enjoy building teams and businesses with endless possibilities, this is a great opportunity!
- Become the authority on user behavior for our Trust & Safety Product team, applying data science techniques and analytical skill to unearth deep insights on the customer journey and our operations effectiveness.
- Define the metrics teams use to evaluate their success, perform analysis to understand the impact on growth, and track progress toward those results.
- Propose, design and analyze A/B tests using SQL, Python, R and/or other scripting and statistical tools.
- Present in key meetings and business reviews with our product leadership.
- Tackle complex problems inherent to a double-sided marketplace. Deliver insights that drive changes in product strategy.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Ability to drive analytics projects end-to-end in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for getting into the details.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience with experimentation (A/B testing, causal inference).
- Previous work with operations in a tech environment.
- Proficiency in one or multiple BI tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Proficiency in Python or R a plus.
- Previous experience in a marketplace or e-commerce business.
The annual base salary for this position in California and Washington ranges from $118,000.00 - $150,000.00. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position in California and Washington, and individual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for the annual bonus plan or sales incentive plan and eligibility to participate in our long term equity incentive program.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. And oh yeah, we've also got amazing benefits - including medical insurance for you and your family, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with matching, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about our benefits and the employee experience.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice