Don’t see the Engineering role you’re looking for? As we continue to grow, we’re always looking to connect with great people who are not only excited about our product, but also about our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! UD Engineering is seeking to hire across the entire department: Web (React), Backend (Rails or .NET), iOS (Swift), and Android (Kotlin). While we may not have a position open right now, please tell us a bit about yourself, what role you see yourself in and make sure to attach your resume! Come help us build the next generation of Underdog’s winning product!
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and submit clean, well-structured, maintainable code for new features and updates on UD’s existing and upcoming applications
- Be engaged with the team and product manager from start to finish, openly communicating issues, asking clarifying questions, and raising concerns when needed
- Be open to feedback and collaboration with other developers to accomplish tasks at hand
- Have a sense of ownership and pride in your work
Who you are:
- Experience building software applications at scale
- Extremely comfortable with any of the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- Collaborative by nature, and passionate about fostering best practices for the betterment of the team
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills with both engineers and product
- Eagerness to test, track & document your work
Even better if you have…
- Interest and experience in leveraging cutting edge technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of CI/CD, unit testing, integration testing
- Proficiency working in GCP or other cloud infrastructures like AWS or Azure
- Basic knowledge of most major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) and how they are played
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD cash
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!