What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be responsible for leading and designing the next generation of Underdog products. You'll team up with our product and engineering teams to build engaging experiences for our players and fans. You will utilize design-thinking, product strategy and brand to create exceptional experiences and features across the Fantasy and Sportsbook products.
*Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Lead current product design solutions and identify future optimizations and enhancements.
- Work closely with product and engineering partners to deeply understand issues related to our players’ experience.
- Create artifacts to champion product solutions at each stage of the design lifecycle; sketches, usability studies, wireframes, prototypes, presentations, documentation.
- Collaborate and contribute to a world-class design team through knowledge shares, critiques and workshops.
- Ensure #SportsAreForEveryone
Who you are:
- High frequency problem solver who is effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from concept and communicating it to stakeholders.
- A humbled, motivated individual constantly geared to ship the most ideal solution and experience for the end user and their goals.
- Experienced designing solutions for native mobile and web.
Even better if you have…
- Experience in visual design, branding, and/or marketing
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $130,000 and $170,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we’re willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!