Udacity is on a mission to deliver impactful and cutting edge tech education that enables individuals and organizations to unlock their potential. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Udacity’s Content Team is looking for a multi-talented Senior Technical Content Developer to advise industry subject matter experts on how to build effective hands-on learning experiences for our students in the fields of autonomous systems, embedded systems, and robotics. You’ll devise professional learning paths and provide instructional design leadership through the course development process, analyze student feedback to find solutions to improve our content, and continually innovate on ways to improve author and student experiences.
- Monitor and engage with the latest developments in your fields of expertise, review internal and competitor learning content in these areas, and contribute insights for new strategic initiatives and learning opportunities.
- Use technical expertise, industry knowledge, and research skills to develop high-level scopes for Udacity content.
- Collaborate with authors and internal team members to design effective online content.
- Coach new authors on the Udacity course development process and provide pedagogical feedback to instructors on the content they develop from the perspective of being the “first student” and #studentsfirst.
- Create learning content including videos, text, technical exercises, quizzes, and projects using Udacity’s tooling, templates, and pedagogical best practices.
- Review learning content, including technical solutions, to satisfy Udacity quality standards and style guidelines and revise content as needed.
- Support authors in creating coding environments on our platform, including workspaces and other interactive lab environments.
- Utilize data and learner feedback to support content effectiveness and student outcomes.
Required Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with React Native, Android Studio, Xcode, full-stack application development, HTTP, networking, databases, and microservice architecture is a plus.
-- OR --
- A strong foundation in embedded systems, including low-level hardware and programming.
- Familiarity with C and C++ programming, RTOS, communication protocols, drivers
-- OR --
- A robust understanding of cybersecurity principles and practices including penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, and security audits.
- Familiarity with security frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and CIS Controls.
- Strong programming and scripting skills including Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
Other Required Knowledge, Experience, and Abilities:
- 3+ years experience in teaching and/or curriculum development experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in a role related to autonomous/embedded systems, mobile development, or cybersecurity.
- Experience using version control tools like Git
- Excellent English verbal, written, and copy-editing skills
- A can-do attitude and a growth mindset
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams, managing different priorities and personalities to reach common goals.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple assignments each week
- Understanding of online learning and experience developing asynchronous online course content
- Demonstrated history of learning and applying new technical skills
Compensation: While this is a remote role, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States of America on a full-time basis. The maximum base pay for this position ranges is $129,800. This role is also eligible for a discretionary bonus, participation in Udacity’s equity plan and generous benefits.
Benefits: Experience a rewarding work environment with Udacity's perks and benefits!
- At Udacity, we offer you the flexibility of working from home. We also have in-person collaboration spaces in Mountain View, Cairo, Dubai and Noida and continue to build opportunities for team members to connect in person
- Flexible working hours
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Employee wellness resources and initiatives (access to wellness platforms like Headspace, Modern Health and a quarterly wellness day off)
- Personalised career development
- Unlimited access to Udacity Nanodegrees
What We Do
Forging futures in tech is our vision. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.