Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
In our mission towards powering careers through tech education, we are doubling down on the support that we offer to our students. As a part of this, we want to extend an opportunity to you to become a Mentor in our scholarship programs. Career mentors are industry professionals who provide world-class career support to our students in their Nanodegree journey or beyond. All our mentors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
JOIN THE LEAGUE TODAY
- +2 years of experience in teaching the basics of career development concepts and public speaking.
- Basic knowledge of recruitment and headhunting skills.
- English proficiency both written and spoken.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to lead and coach a group of students and build a strong community.
- Familiarity with the Oman market’s general careers and employment map and characteristics.
- Ability to assist Udacity students in identifying personal goals, developing leadership skills, and planning career moves.
- Experience in quick resume and LinkedIn profiles screening.
- Completion of one of Udacity Nanodegree programs is a plus.
- Technical experience in one of the Data fields is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication including PowerPoint presentations.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Udacity careers ops for discussing students’ progress.
- Conduct webinars and/or sessions to deliver careers and initial freelancing experience to Udacity learners.
- Support Udacity learners and build a strong sense of community through motivational posts, sharing your knowledge, sharing helpful articles, and answering students’ questions.
- Support in increasing the program’s survey responses.
- Occasionally assisting with hiring partners’ employment requests (announcements, filtration, and screening).
Why should you apply?
- Gain recognition for your knowledge and leadership.
- Network with other top-notch mentors.
- Earn additional income.
- Contribute to a vibrant, global student community.
- Stay updated on the latest in cutting-edge technologies.
There are only a few positions, so please don’t wait too long to apply!
Before applying, we would request you to kindly complete the General Information Form if you haven't filled it already.
Note: Career Mentors are external contractors, if you are a good fit, we will reach out within 3 weeks with the next steps. Please do not apply multiple times for the same position.
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.