Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey. Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
Be a part of a one-of-a-kind opportunity of mentoring the teenagers of Egypt entering the world of tech. As a Session Lead for this youth upskilling program, you deliver weekly virtual sessions to your students to guide them throughout their learning journey.
This is a long-term blended-learning upskilling program. Become a Session Lead for one of our high-demand specializations, Data Analytics Foundation Nanodegree.
Session Leads are industry professionals who provide world-class technical support to our learners in their Nanodegree journey. All our session leads are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
You will be meeting virtually with your students for group work, activities and short lectures and are expected to respond to their technical questions and check in with them to make sure they are making progress.
Become an enabler of success with us!
- The passion, patience, energy, and empathy to interact with young students and get them excited about their future in tech
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to lead a group of young students
- Student-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, external contractor
- Flexibility to provide sessions over the weekend
- A positive personality who can build trust and confidence among the students
- Resident of Egypt
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (spoken and written)
- Experience programming in Python.
- Familiarity with data science packages for Python including Numpy, and Pandas.
- Experience with tools like Anaconda, and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Experience with Data Wrangling.
- Able to help students understand how to use Git & GitHub.
- Experience with Probability, Distributions, and Data Visualization.
- Experience with Statistical Experiments and A/B Testing.
- Leading weekly online sessions
- Creative, innovative approach for knowledge transfer to a younger group of students
- Proactively support students' empathy and simplified clear terminology
Why should you apply?
- Earn additional income working from the comfort of your own home
- Contribute to a vibrant, young student community stepping into the world of tech
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Learn more about the Session Lead Guidelines.
What We Do
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We address the complex dynamic of workforce challenges and strive to be the change we need in the world to transform talent to create opportunities for heightened productivity and retention. Udacity is where lifelong learners come to learn the skills they need, to land the jobs they want, and to build the lives they deserve.
Don’t stop there! Please keep reading...
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Most male applicants only meet 60% of the qualifications, while women and other marginalized candidates only apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you think you have what it takes but don’t meet every single point in the job description, please apply!
We believe that historically, many processes disproportionately hurt the most marginalized communities in society- including people of color, working-class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. Centering these communities at our core is pivotal for any successful organization and a value we uphold steadfastly. Therefore, Udacity strongly encourages applications from all communities and backgrounds.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Please read our blog post for “6 Reasons Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace Exists”
Last, but certainly not least…
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Udacity, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary self-identification survey. This survey is anonymous, we are unable to connect your application with your survey responses. Please complete this voluntary survey as we utilize the data for diversity measures in terms of gender and ethnic background in both our candidates and our Udacians. We consider this data seriously and appreciate your willingness to complete this step in the process, if you choose to do so.