Community Moderators help the Community Managers in moderating Udacity the big scholarship communities, their main objective is ensuring that the students’ online community is healthy, engaging, and making sure that the community goals are successfully met. As a Community Moderator you are expected to monitor the forum daily including weekends”. Minimum of 2x per day. This should ideally be several hours apart (once in the morning, and once in the evening).
- Residing in Asia Pacific Region
- Nanodegree Graduate is an added plus
- Great knowledge of online communities and cool under pressure
- Strong internet connection since the daily duties will be online
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Photo Uploads, Commenting, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Company’s services and targeted audience, as well as Uddacity culture
- Ability to effectively communicate information and report
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, as well as weekends as and when required.
- Student-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, External contractor
- Providing the students with non-technical support on their community
- Organizing the program online platform by:
- Dealing with violation posts, to make sure that all members are following the guidelines
- Preparing monthly reports for the community manager to summarize forum and Session leads performance
- Supporting forum activities and brainstorming with the Community Manager and Session leads on ways to increase members engagement over forum
- Attend regular online meetings with Udacity representatives
- Be responsive over close groups and discussions with Udacity representative
- Ensuring all members are having a fun and engaging learning environment
Learn more about the Community Moderator Guidelines.
Why should you apply?
- Earn additional income working from the comfort of your own home
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.