Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We are an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education for the careers of the future in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Driving Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Udacity is also helping governments and enterprises bridge the talent shortage and skills gaps and to enable youth with tools for decent earnings and employment. We are backed by some of the best-known investors - Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few.
Udacity is a place for you if you are looking to be a part of something fast paced, impactful and inspiring.
Udacity is committed to expanding its programs by providing scalable national tech capability building solutions. Join us on our mission to deliver education and create job opportunities for citizens around the world. Udacity is looking for a team member to support key business development efforts with government entities and foundations in the African countries, who have mandates that impact livelihoods at scale. This role includes executing Udacity’s strategy to support governments, foundations and development institutions in Africa, supporting and streamlining partnerships with them and their entities.
The role requires strong copywriting and organization skills, strategic and conceptual problem solving, research & prioritization skills, and strong partnership management. If you are solution-driven, people-focused and looking to make an impact, we are looking for you!
- Research & analyze the African government/public sector/foundation landscape, focused on capability building, career impact and improving livelihood of citizens
- Research and identify grants that match the objectives of the organization
- Assist with drafting data-driven analysis-based business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required
- Develop proposals for matching grants and leverage different networks to reach the right profiles at granting entities
- Assist in managing partnership accounts throughout the sales process
- Identify and support procurement processes and legal configurations, and follow up with partner stakeholders where needed
- Nurture and maintain relationships with grit, integrity and professionalism
What we value
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- 2+ years experience in marketing, partnerships, and/or client management (preferably in EdTech, SaaS or education solutions)
- Experience in Middle East and Africa public sector procurement process and building end to end proposals (in the field of education & training is a plus)
- Strong research, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills (e.g. slides presentation, thought leadership)
- Comfortable manipulating large sets of data and developing insightful presentations
- Self-starter & Entrepreneurial: ability to drive initiatives, execute independently and be resourceful
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage several work streams simultaneously
- Adaptable in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and be susceptible to inspire and be inspired
- Passion for education and opportunity, digital transformation and IT-related projects
- A strong team player who enjoys collaborating, asking for help when necessary and getting things done without an ego
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.