A Learning Technologist is an engineer, teacher, mentor, educational strategist, and program administrator in one. You should take pride in ensuring that your students receive the best possible learning experience by training Udacity mentors and reviewers, user testing course materials, giving insightful feedback on course content to Udacity's development team, and developing new and existing student support services tailored to your program's specific audience. You should also be excited about managing and mentoring your direct reports at Udacity, guiding their professional development, and helping enable them to bring their Nanodegree programs to new levels of success.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of Cloud development or DevOps experience
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline and experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud supported platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Proficiency in database technology such as SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Prior experience teaching/tutoring students of multiple levels of mastery and managing communities driven towards customer success
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective to identify areas for improvement, as well as opportunities to challenge advanced students and to simplify material for those who are struggling
- Provide constructive feedback to internal Udacity teams to help make course materials engaging, educational, and exciting for students
- Anticipate and identify potential student drop-off points in program content
- Manage and coach your community of session leads and advocates in online and in-person communities; guide them to deliver exceptional student service
- Collect feedback from session leads and advocates network to inform and implement course and services improvements that will increase student success
- Act as liaison and advocate for Udacity students. Communicate needs, challenges, and opportunities to all stakeholders at Udacity (e.g. content, engineering, and product)
- Consult closely with the content team during the development phase of new Nanodegree programs to lend services expertise
- Help source data and analysis needed to identify and implement changes that will improve student outcomes
- Ensure localized content is of the highest quality and always up-to-date
- Investigate accusations of plagiarism across all Nanodegrees in our School of Programming.
- Lead technical interviews for potential Session Leads in the School of Programming.
- AWS, Azure certified developer or similar
- Experience developing microservices for distributed systems
- Empathetic and a great mentor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Driven by data to constantly iterate and improve
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- A strong advocate for Udacity students and our vision
- A team player
- Creative and knows how to give constructive feedback to improve educational and technical material
- Passionate about learning and can learn quickly
- Ability to take initiative and follow through. Driven by outcomes
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.