We're looking for candidates who are passionate about education and want to work directly with our students. As a Email Support Specialist you'll often be learners' first interaction with Udacity staff. You'll become a Udacity expert to assist our students with any questions or problems they may have. From questions about which course to take to giving instructions on how to earn a certificate, you'll be playing a huge role in shaping the student experience. If you love working with people, have a positive attitude, and like solving problems, we're looking for you!
About the Student Support Team
The Support Team is comprised of Support Specialists around the world, and we act as liaisons between our learners and Udacity. At Udacity, we are a team of experienced professionals and lifelong learners supporting learners as they build skills that will serve them for the rest of their lives. We ensure that Udacity learners receive fast, concrete & delightful resolutions across multiple touch points. The Udacity Support Team has been awarded by the Business Intelligence Group for Organization of the Year for Excellence in Customer Service, and the Bronze Stevie Award for Customer Service by the American Business Awards.
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Resolve student concerns by determining the cause of the problem and working with others to offer a solution
- Make recommendations based on a student's interests and history
- Collect feedback and make recommendations for improvements and changes
- Be a strong advocate for Udacity students and the company vision
- Open to working in night shifts
What we value:
- At least 1-3 years of working in customer service
- Must have experience in communicating with customers on phone, email, and chat. (Experience with providing service via SMS is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility in using, or learning to use, different methods for tracking and conveying information, such as Zendesk, Google docs, online chat programs and email
- Empathetic, patient, and compassionate
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.