Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is looking for a team member to drive key business development efforts with government entities and foundations in the United States, who have mandates that impact livelihoods at scale. This role includes developing and executing Udacity’s strategy to approaching governments, developing partnerships with them and their entities, defining and fine-tuning the offering based on their needs, and achieving revenue targets. The role requires strategic and conceptual problem solving, partnership management and relentless prioritization. If you are solution-driven, people-focused and looking to make an impact, we are looking for you!
- Meet annual revenue targets for North American government business at Udacity
- Use a consultative, value selling approach to close business and exceed quarterly and annual bookings targets
- Design upskilling programs and collaborate with Program Managers and the Student Experience team to ensure their successful completion/scale-up
- Work closely with the operations and student servicing teams to help translate customer objectives into impactful learning journeys
- Develop and nurture direct relationships with senior clients and stakeholders, with integrity and professionalism
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders (government agencies, foundations, NGOs) partnering with Udacity to drive reskilling/upskilling initiatives
- Prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline of educated leads (inbound/outbound) and identify qualified opportunities
- Manage the sales process and ensure successful follow-through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in our CRM tool
- Attend and network at relevant regional events
What we value:
- 5+ years experience in sales or end-to-end business development, project management, partnerships, and/or client management
- Proven track record managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to drive initiatives, execute independently and be resourceful
- Proven ability to articulate a value proposition and influence prospects across varied channels (email, phone, VC, LinkedIn, etc)
- Proactive, forward-looking, flexible and creative team player who enjoys collaborating and getting things done without an ego
- Strong negotiation and verbal/written communication skills working with senior level clients
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to distill analyses into meaningful presentations
- Willingness to travel within US/Canada once restrictions are lifted
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.