Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
As Lead Copywriter on the marketing creative team, you'll report to the Creative Director and craft compelling copy that brings our brand to life. Your primary role will be writing clear, concise copy for our various consumer and enterprise marketing channels. You will also have influence over aspects of the customer experience across all touchpoints. As Lead Copywriter, you will be responsible for developing, leading, and implementing our brand voice and bringing consistency across channels while adjusting for the audience and use case. The ideal candidate will be driven to build a brand and services that our customers love and demand.
- Independently produce and lead high-quality copy from concept to execution
- Lead the development and implementation of Udacity’s voice and tone as part of a larger rebrand
- Be a steward for the Udacity’s brand voice
- Support our consumer, enterprise and government businesses by developing copy for email, landing pages, paid media, presentations, videos, and much more
- Work closely with the Creative Director and the rest of the team to help define creative vision.
- Edit and proofread copy to ensure accuracy, consistency, grammar
- Use insights & data to inform and influence your work
- Foster collaboration with cross-functional partners to solve complex challenges while maintaining a high level of quality.
What we value:
- 10+ years of copywriting experience for an in-house creative department or agency
- Bachelor's degree required in English/Journalism or related field
- Experience developing and implementing brand voice & tone
- An exceptional portfolio with real-world examples demonstrating a strong record of copy that stands out and performs
- High standards for craft and a precision eye for editing, grammar, and proofreading
- Experience with message testing and principles of conversion-focused writing
- Ability to balance multiple projects under tight timelines while maintaining prioritization
- You’re strategically minded, with strong problem-solving skills and close attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating with designers & art directors
- Experience directing copywriters
- Experience with script writing
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.