Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
As a Senior User Researcher in the Product Organization, you will be a leader and key partner to product managers and business leaders at Udacity to help inform our product and business strategy decisions. You will provide insights about our students, identify and research target markets, audiences, and personas, and work with data analysts to draw insights from user research methodologies and user behavior data. You will be leading a team of researchers.
- Define and drive strategy for user research, analytics, and insights at Udacity
- Market Research methods, including conjoint analyses, claims tests, and pricing studies
- Drive research across multiple layers of the research roadmap
- Audience and persona identification and definition
- Qualitative and Quantitative User Experience research
- Directly interview students, recruit research participants, and lead a team of research contractors to support
- Empower business and product leaders to perform hands-on user interviews themselves
- Create research reports with insights and clear recommendations to Product and Business leaders at Udacity
- Perform UI/UX design and usability studies to derive insights and recommend feature improvements
- Assist in designing product and market validation experiments
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members including software engineers, product managers, designers, marketers, instructional designers, curriculum managers, and sales.
- Be a thought leader in the company and voice of our students and partners
What We Value
- Background in human computer interaction, user research, market research, statistics, economics or related technical field, and 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience directly running and reporting on multiple research methodologies
- Experience with data analysis and aggregation tools
- Extensive experience with relational databases and SQL
- Prior experience with web and mobile product user research preferred
- Prior experience with instructional design and/or gamification/games product research preferred
- Excellent data communication and story telling ability
- Experience in market research agency
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.