Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
As a Content Engineer, you will build and maintain software tools to support Udacity’s world-class educational experiences. Your work will range from web-based internal tools to student facing projects to Udacity’s own self-driving car!
- Develop and maintain educational projects for students across Udacity’s curriculum
- Support Udacity instructors and staff in working with Udacity’s internal tools
- Develop specifications for new platforms and tools to enable amazing educational experiences
- Collaborate with Udacity’s Content and Engineering teams to define software requirements and tooling needs for new programs
- Operate and test student code on Udacity’s own self-driving car!
What we value?
- Domain expertise in (any two): web application development, mobile app development, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, cloud computing, IoT or robotics
- Experience in deploying a device network at scale (e.g., using open source IoT framework).
- Experience in collecting, storing, and analyzing device data using a cloud platform, such as AWS, Google, Azure, Nutanix, or any other.
- Familiarity with big data platforms (any one), such as Apache Kafka, Spark, or Cassandra
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, building, delivering, and maintaining reliable and performant microservices (e.g., Docker containers and Kubernetes)
- You are passionate about user experience and believe in the power of online education to improve lives worldwide.
- Flexible, solutions-oriented attitude
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Valid driver’s license with minimal moving violations, necessary for working with Udacity’s self-driving car
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.