Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles. Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question on Facebook, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
The Udacity Enterprise engineering team is looking for Backend Software Engineers to build products to support the rapidly growing Enterprise business of Udacity. Udacity for Enterprise provides our customers with the tools they need to make sure their employees and company get the most from Udacity’s world class content and learning resources. Your work will impact enterprises all over the world and provide you with plenty of engineering challenges as we refine the experiences and infrastructure to handle new levels of flexibility and scale as we tackle this massive market.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain new and existing microservices with production quality
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation for production incident response.
What We Value:
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience working hands-on in a product-oriented software engineering role, in live production code.
- Strong background in building scalable and low latency systems
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, building, delivering, and maintaining production quality reliable and performant microservices
- We’re not as interested in experience with specific languages or frameworks, as we are in your engineering skill and demonstrated ability to ship, but you’d primarily be working with React, Node, Graphql, GoLang, Postgresql, Python, and the latest web protocols and security concerns.
- Ability to thrive in fast-moving environment
- Passionate about your users’ experience and you feel, as we do, that online education can improve lives worldwide
Nice To Have:
- SQL performance tuning experience is a plus
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.