Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Engineering team in China. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
- Build and ship amazing web-based experiences
- Help engineer the libraries and frameworks that power our frontend stack
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Work with our product marketing manager and marketing team to build and continually optimize our user-facing content, and to improve the overall student experience of our front-end projects
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Web design aesthetic and an understanding of the fundamentals of user experience, cross-browser and performance issues, and front-end frameworks (jQuery/React.js preferred)
- A passion for emerging web standards and a desire to build well-engineered reusable front-end products. You promote best practices, great usability, and understand the limits of what browsers can do
- A track record of being able to ship code, both independently and as part of a small team. You can fulfill several project requests, and meet tight deadlines.
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive — we are always learning!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.