Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
The Instrument Software group at Twist is a small team with a very big impact. Our team develops the software suite that runs multiple custom instruments and tightly integrates with back-end web services and bioinformatics pipeline.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Proficiency in C# and/or C++
- 6+ years industry experience
- Mastery of object oriented programming concepts, and clean software architecture design
- Familiarity with hardware integration, system bring-up and validation
- Ability to take a hands-on approach to software and hardware development
- Image processing experience
- Experience with Git or similar version control systems
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Electrical and mechanical engineering experience is a big plus
- Experience with the latest .NET is a plus
- WPF experience is a big plus, and an eye for clean UI design is greatly appreciated
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Best-in-class benefits including health, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k
- San Francisco, CA
- Mission Bay / Dog Patch area
- Walking distance from Caltrain (4th and King), free shuttle available from Caltrain
- On KT line, UCSF/Mission Bay stop
- Great views of downtown and the bay
- Authorized to work in the US
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.