The South Korean NGS Business Development Manager will work to establish Twist’s next generation sequencing market position. Developing strategic plans, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing large business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of market conditions. It is their primary responsibility to collaborate with the internal Twist stakeholders, sales, marketing, legal, and other key managers to increase opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for Twist Bioscience, Inc.
The South Korean Business Development Manager will report to the Director of NGS KOSEA and will lead regional activities to identify and facilitate opportunities to create and grow business partnerships with clinical service providers, biotechnology and other related companies and academics in the implementation of Twist’s next generation sequencing technology.
The South Korean NGS Business Development Manager will be responsible for establishing, developing and closing commercial contracts and agreements with customers, collaborators and channel partners for projects at the negotiation and development phases prior to commercialization agreements.
During the development phases, early commercialization and launch, the Regional Business Development Managers will also be responsible for managing and maintaining commercial alliances with key internal Twist resources and management and external partner stakeholders (channel partners).
- Use sales skills and application/ territory knowledge to identify and drive adoption of TWIST NGS products into key accounts throughout South Korea with the goal of generating revenue and achieving/ exceeding South Korean NGS revenue targets.
- Work with KOSEA sales leader, South Korean channel partner/s and the KOSEA commercial team to provide the technical and biological skill set necessary to continually generate and foster key commercial opportunities over time to grow and reach the South Korean & KOSEA planned revenue.
- In order to achieve KOSEA/ South Korean planned revenue targets, work with the commercial team on understanding key customer requirements and generating professional proposals that target the needs in order to drive the adoption and close opportunities. Primary lead to solicit and pitch Twist capabilities (presentations), competencies and offerings to strategically important potential new collaborators and partners.
- Work with the sales team and channel partner/s to continually identify and develop a list of key target customers at the national and provincial KOLs level to develop relationships and assist in generating TWIST product adoption while driving negotiations to close NGS orders.
- Work collaboratively with the channel partner sales team, technical support team and regional marketing to develop a local NGS marketing plan and strategy and drive growth in the specific business segment.
- Dedicate time to South Korean NGS market research and analyze market trends, identify new application areas and revenue opportunities, customer requirements and competitive strategy. Provide competitive intelligence and marketing guidance to the commercial salesforce while assisting in customer targeting and visits.
- Liaise with the global product management team to assist in the localization of product materials to meet South Korean customer requirements and needs.
- Exchange South Korean market information with the global team, and work closely with the TWIST R&D team to assist in localization requirements for South Korean targeted products, e.g. community/ alliance panels, to generate revenue in specific growth markets.
- Work with the field application team to provide sales training and channel partner training
- Primary lead to solicit and pitch Twist capabilities (presentations), competencies and offerings (with support of Twist Pharma scientific resource) to strategically important potential new collaborators and partners
- Demonstrated scientific problem-solving skills. In-depth understanding of the requirements in industry applications, enabling them to build strong relationships with key customers, understanding their requirement and being able to propose solutions during on site visits.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced and change oriented environment.
- Proven as a strategic thinker, backed up by a track record of tactical execution.
- Must be willing to travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a master’s degree in biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field, or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years sales experience in next generation sequencing area.
- Experience in business development roles is preferential.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.