Reporting to the Manager of Library Projects the Library Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management, coordination and implementation relative to the gene mutant library and related businesses of Twist Bioscience; Site Variant Libraries (SVL) and Combinatorial Variant Libraries (CVL)
The position manages communications required to facilitate library projects, as follows: Communication with customers, international sales & support, Twist customer service, Twist legal and the library business group, including, but not limited to non-disclosure agreements, library designs, customer quotes, purchase orders, and statements of work.
- Respond directly or direct incoming inquiries from customers and the global sales & support organizations to the appropriate expertise within the Library Team; respond quickly and professionally with the information provided by the Library Team in response to customer and internal inquiries; maintain records
- Coordinate and collate detailed library design input from customers and/or the global sales & support teams ensuring that the design data supports the needs of the customer and reflects the capabilities of the Library Fabrication Team
- Work with Library Fabrication Team(s) to collect costing for specific library designs as part of quote preparation
- Working with the Director of the Library Business and Library Project Manager, prepare and distribute quotes for libraries and other related business; maintain an up-to-date database of issued quotations
- Collect, collate and maintain easily accessible database of NDAs, library quotes, library designs, orders and shipments
- Maintain (transparent) accessible list of library WIP
- Maintain accurate, timely records in all systems to allow for up-to-date reporting, including but not limited to quotes issued, orders placed, orders in progress, orders shipped
- Provide updates on project progress as agreed with certain customers
- Manage communication between customers and the internal team providing order fulfillment details and deliverables
- General knowledge of library fabrication work flows
- Any other “ad hoc” projects not listed above as required from time to time
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the life sciences or related field, with >2 years in a customer facing role
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or related Life Science. Advanced degree and / or hands on laboratory experience a bonus
- Customer communication from inquiry to delivery of services
- Understanding of services offering and customer workflows that the services offerings address
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers, internal operations and sales teams
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects that meet customer expectations
- Outstanding teamwork and communication skills
- Hands on, high energy, positive attitude with a can-do attitude that gets it done
- This is not an IT related role
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.