Sr. LIMS Project Analyst
Can you speak both “lab” and “software” languages? We are looking for experienced Business Analysts, Software Product Owners, and Software Project Manager applicants for an expanding Senior LIMS Project Analyst role within Process Development at Twist Bioscience. This role sits at the nexus of Program Management, Process Development, Product Management, and Software Development – with a dual emphasis on new product introductions and continuous improvement projects.
Twist Bioscience uses high throughput systems, powerful software, and unparalleled product throughput to enable the rapid delivery of transformative products for our customers. The Sr. LIMS Project Analyst works cross-functionally to accurately define business scenarios, user stories, and software features for new processes and products. In this role, you will draw on your breadth of experience and critical thinking abilities to develop and implement new software that expands on what is currently possible. It’s an exciting and essential role and we hope you’ll join us on Twist Bioscience’s journey.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience conducting broad elicitations for large software projects.
- Have experience in executing Agile and Waterfall software development projects.
- Have experience managing software development lifecycle processes.
- Exhibit a record of applying both “big-picture” and process-based analytical approaches to solve complex problems.
- Have a strong scientific background in identifying solutions for molecular biology, synthetic biology, and process engineering applications.
- Have a demonstrable track record of process improvement toward Operational Excellence in software development and/or business process engineering.
- Have experience managing Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Have demonstrable interest and/or ability in Usability Design (UI/UX) and/or Industrial Design.
- Have experience training others.
- Help define product workflows to unify operational, analytical, and software, development teams.
- Act as a primary point of contact and business product owner.
- Document business needs for, remove blockers of and contribute critical insights to continuous and strategic process improvements aligned with the corporate product roadmap
- Embrace Twist’s core values of Grit, Impact, Service, and Trust
What You'll Be Doing:
- Elicit requirements from colleagues to understand end-to-end business workflows across laboratory, inventory, manufacturing, bioanalytical, and shipping processes.
- Documenting as-is and to-be states of business areas in the forms of diagrams (workflow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, functional decomposition diagrams), prioritization matrices, business requirements documents, and technical requirements documents.
- Perform structured analyses of business requirements to facilitate new insights and mitigate project risks.
- Perform object-oriented analyses to abstract and generalize niche concepts communicated during elicitation.
- Coordinate across stakeholders and project participants and report regularly on software launch progress.
- Determine when to escalate open questions, issues, and risks
- Seek out and identify problems and opportunities proactively using a variety of modeling techniques.
- Create a shared understanding among business and technical teams and uncover non-obvious needs.
- Help teams balance quality into fast-paced software product lifecycles, and work closely with development and software quality assurance teams on product and process improvements.
- Develop, document and manage test plans to ensure the quality of laboratory software releases.
- Write documentation for business quality procedures.
- Train users to leverage new software features.
- Support Software Users as a Business Product Owner representative of and responsible to their needs.
- Work with stakeholders to define pre-release software requirements
- Work with teams to define post-release software issues
- Work with internal software teams to resolve software issues.
- Deeply plan and organize assigned scopes to both empower and leverage Twist thought leaders.
- Maintain appropriate levels of IT Fluency.
- Use technical tools (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem resolution
- Understand the interconnectivity and relations between the tools, system architecture, and information architecture.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of scientific, R&D, and/or technology transfer experience.
- 5+ years of technical or scientific project or program management experience.
- 5+ years of work with Laboratory Information Management and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES/LIMS).
- B.S. or higher in Life Science or Engineering field with relevant software product management experience.
- Experience managing agile software deployments in controlled environments (e.g. ISO, FDA, CLIA) involving test case creation, regression testing, integration testing, system validation, User Acceptance Testing management, and post-release hypercare.
- Experience with workflow mapping and requirement writing for software teams.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized team player.
- Capable of managing multiple projects at a time without assistance.
- Strong communication and documentation skills including the ability to tailor the same content to diverse audiences.
- Understanding of database design and SQL queries.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.