The Supply Chain team is seeking to hire a Buyer to preparing for multiple site expansion, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and higher ISO compliance requirements. We are looking for a Buyer to be a member of our Portland team. The qualified individual will manage the following projects and perform tactical support to enable the team to focus on better tools and processes:'
- Notify vendors of new sites in Brisbane, Oregon & Boston
- Process & update new vendor requests into the ERP system. Follow up on incomplete data in system to ensure vendor established for ongoing purchases
- Update aged Purchase Orders, document the PO closure process, and define how a batch program can auto-close Purchase Orders in the future.
- Monitor and edit open Purchase Orders to keep delivery dates current and troubleshoot issues with Purchasing, Receiving, and Accounts Payable.
- Monitor invoice issues, resolve, and drive preventive actions.
- Educating and assisting end users in the Independent Consultant Agreement process.
- Engage with production suppliers to implement Change Notification Agreements.
This role will work closely with the Purchasing and Warehouse team in supporting open issues and assisting in resolution of JIRA tickets. This individual must be highly-organized, proactive, and tenacious in following through to complete each project. Attention to detail in status tracking, filing, and documentation will be key in successfully completing these projects.
Additional responsibilities include other miscellaneous support tasks as designated by the Director of Supply Chain.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience demonstrating the ability to organize a project, collect data, track progress, and routinely communicate updates to the team.
- Able to listen carefully, take detailed notes, and follow instructions carefully and consistently.
- Able to manage a wide variety of tasks, maintain and communicate task status to stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly analyze problems, investigate and determine long-term solutions.
- Able to define goals and plans, then manage a project to successful completion.
- Proficient with ERP purchasing and receiving functions (POs and receipt transactions), preferably SAP & Ariba.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Preferably familiar with Google Docs.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.