We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team and expand our high resolution single B-cell screening platform using the Berkeley Lights Beacon. Using state-of-the-art technology coupled with intelligent project and assay design, the candidate would accelerate our antibody discovery process and guide selection of ideal single B cells. Highly qualified candidates will be able to combine exemplary benchwork with the ability to analyze complex data sets and translate them into actionable, intelligible data reports.
- Application of microfluidics-based selections of antigen-specific B cells using the Berkeley Lights Beacon.
- Detailed reagent preparation and validation
- Design, implement, troubleshoot and validate antibody-based functional assays (protein-protein interactions and cell-based), particularly on the nanoscale level.
- Complex instrumentation troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Responsible for preparing and clearly presenting data in a variety of cross-functional meetings under specific timelines.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate work within a highly matrixed workflow and collaborative environment.
- Advanced degree in biological sciences with at least 4 years of experience in a laboratory setting (strong preference to industry experience).
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience in single B-cell (i.e. B cell cloning) -based antibody discovery workflows with an end goal of identifying novel therapeutic candidates.
- Expertise in developing end-to-end solutions for novel antibody discovery platform technologies.
- Prior experience establishing and validating antibody-based functional assays and characterization processes.
- Keen understanding of the antibody discovery process.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems with diverse variables.
- Ability to critically and independently evaluate data.