The primary responsibilities of the Legal Contracts Administrator will be to support Twist Bioscience Corporation, a leading synthetic biology and genomics company, by contributing to a successful contracts management program that is responsive to the business needs of the company, while managing risks and adhering to company policies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic legal team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Administer the contract approval process and coordinate with cross-functional team members (e.g., sales, customer service, legal, finance, controllership, and tax) to review and approve terms. Advise company on contractual obligations, monitor, audit, review, amend, renew or terminate contracts.
- Prepare and manage written communications with internal and external customers for assigned contractual matters.
- Handle inquiries from sales, account management, and clients regarding content of client documents.
- Review commercial agreements, amendments and purchase orders to identify non-standard terms/conditions, flag risks, and occasionally edit terms and conditions.
- Respond to requests from internal teams regarding contracts and amendments, set up of contract components, and general questions regarding the contracting process.
- Drive Continuous Improvements in the Contracting Process. Optimize legal contracting function, including contract creation, execution, maintenance, metrics, and analytics.
- Document and simplify the contracting process as it applies to the lifecycle of contracts, including request for contracts, generating contracts, seeking approvals, execution, organizing signed contracts into data that can be searched and tracked, and ensuring that contract documents are accurate and well-maintained.
- Data Reporting and Analytics. Compile and analyze data and maintain historical information. Produce data reports, including key performance indicators (KPI’s) and other analytics on contracting process. Identify areas for improvement and implement viable solutions. Build easy-to-read dashboards that quickly convey the status of all queues and our adherence to service levels.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative contracting data in order to identify actionable insights.
- Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM). Support the onboarding of a CLM: including configuring workflows; creating templates and clause libraries; and migrating data from multiple platforms.
- Utilize CLM to provide contract administration support, including data mining, reporting, status tracking, loading/entering data, facilitating electronic signatures, etc.
- Provide contract set up and management of data and contract documents in the CLM system.
- Review initial Contract Request Forms and ensure CLM records are created with all contract information, including services, pricing, special terms, and other relevant information, within a timely fashion.
- Utilize CLM to create contract documents and perform redlining functions with the legal team.
- Manage and update CLM regularly, so that it accurately reflects components in final contract documents and real-time reporting.
- Develop and provide related training as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of work related experience required. Advanced degree and/or paralegal certification preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience working with commercial contracts and related terms and conditions.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) and any SFDC-based contract lifecycle management systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and effectively managing high volume in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience presenting data in an understandable and client-friendly way for varied internal audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent judgment in assessing risks and benefits.
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information.
- Creative problem solver.
- Data and process driven. Ability to convert data into narratives, narratives into action plans, and execute action plans.
- Experience with continuous improvement. Ability to build scalable and durable processes.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on written and verbal communication.
- Fluent user of Microsoft Office application suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and equivalents (e.g., Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Drive), with proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, HelloSign, and other common office software tools.
- Healthcare industry experience, preferably in the area of life sciences.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.