Twist Bioscience is writing the future of DNA synthesis for healthcare, biomaterials, chemicals and even digital data storage. We make synthetic DNA to improve health and sustainability.
Our silicon-based, ultra-high throughput, DNA synthesis platform makes DNA from scratch, one million oligonucleotides at a time. This technical innovation gives access to unlimited applications, from targeted gene therapies and the development of new diagnostics tools, to sustainable chemicals and plants with improved yields.
Our HR team aims to provide remarkable experiences to each and every Twister. At Twist, you'll have the opportunity to do the unexpected. From delighting our employees to finding novel solutions to HR solutions - we aren't trying to be part of the status quo.
Come write the future with us.
Twist is seeking a Director to lead our Human Resources Business Partner team. You will report to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, work in close partnership with our HR team, and manage our HR Business Partners.
We’re looking for somebody who is an entrepreneurial and strategic partner to our HR Business Partners, while also rolling up their sleeves and executing on day-to-day people decisions. In addition to leading the team, you will also be the HR Business Partner to our G&A leaders and team members.
If you’re an HRBP leader who is zealous about coaching leaders to cultivate winning teams, meeting employees’ concerns with humility and care, and ensuring a thriving, successful workplace for all, Twist is waiting for you.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Apply your broad HR skillset to coach and evolve our HRBP team to ensure their success. This includes, but is not limited to, performance management; talent assessment; strategic facilitation; organizational design and development; workforce planning; and change management
- Cultivate an HRBP team that identifies and solves talent issues to advance our company’s success (e.g., HiPo retention; poor performance management; etc.)
- Oversee and guide our HRBPs as they respond to and appropriately resolve employee relations issues (e.g., employee concerns or complaints, worker’s compensation cases), ensuring they are resolved fairly
- Provide leadership and expertise on HR programs and strategies
- Bring solutions that address the needs of the HRBP team while taking into account the broader implications for Twist and our HR vision; ensure alignment to and execution of established Twist-wide human resources policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Implement our HR strategies and projects with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, including a sensitivity for and adaptation to local cultural business norms (our global team is located in over 15 countries in America, Europe, and APAC)
- Execute global and local HR programs and processes (e.g., talent management, succession planning, performance management, development planning, compensation planning)
- Serve as the HR Business Partner to the G&A team to enable their success; be a sounding board and trusted advisor
- Ensure compliance of all HR practices with legislative and regulatory requirements, standards and other known relevant policies and guidelines
- Model our core values: Grit, Impact, Service, and Trust
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 10+ years of progressively responsible HR experience
- Experience applying a range of HR skills, from leadership enablement to talent assessment
- 3+ years as an HR Business Partner
- Experience managing HR team members, ideally HR Business Partners
- Team player with very strong ethical orientation
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Strong aptitude for listening, collaborating, and problem-solving
- Proven track record of high performance and tenacity to get the job done
- Ability to objectively coach HRBPs, leaders, and employees through complex and difficult issues to drive us toward a high-performing organization
- Excellent influencing and leadership skills
- Cultural humility to ensure you are successful when partnering and enabling our diverse workforce, including our global leaders
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Strong technological and computer applications skills (Microsoft Office; Gsuite; Applicant Tracking Systems, etc.)
- The ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple priorities
- Biotech or pharmaceutical experience
- Experience in high-growth, entrepreneurial companies
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations
- Previous work experience in a non-HR role at some point during your career (i.e., you bring direct, applied business experience to your HR career)
As Part of our Team, You’ll Enjoy
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive salary and equity
- 20 days of PTO, 11 holidays & 1 floating holiday
More About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.