Twist Bioscience is a DNA company based in South San Francisco, California. The company has developed a proprietary silicon-based manufacturing process for the production of synthetic DNA. Twist Bioscience serves Life Science researchers who are changing the world for the better. Coming from diverse fields of medicine, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, scientists use our synthetic genes, oligo pools, and NGS target enrichment to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet. Twist Bioscience is uniquely positioned to help accelerate these efforts by providing precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable. Our technology overcomes inefficiencies and enables cost-effective, rapid, precise, high-throughput DNA synthesis and sequencing. We offer both the quality and quantity researchers need now to rapidly realize opportunities ahead.
We are expanding our Tel Aviv team and looking for a team manager who is a true leader, learn fast, a creative out-of-the-box thinker.
As a team manager for the API team, you will lead the development of Twist API. Our API (DNA as a service) enables both small startups & large enterprises design DNA sequences, optimize them and order DNA to support their R&D needs and accelerate science. The API is built with Python (using Django), and is a part of Micro-services event driven system. Our Tech Stack includes python (using Django), Redis, PostgreSQL, Airflow and Kafka, run on AWS, using serverless processes (with Lambda & Athena), and Docker, K8S and Helm for our CI/CD pipelines.
As a team manager, you will lead the People, Technology and Execution. You will build the technological vision, work with our worldwide customers, and build the best API for DNA in the world!
- Leading an architectural vision and development for a business-critical system
- Providing technical leadership for developers within and outside of your team
- Leading the growth plans of the team members, and managing the hiring process to bring top talent
- Continuously improving the development methodologies and processes to Enhance the team execution. Use data to identify bottle necks and improve them.
- Working with Product management to build the roadmap for the API
- Work closely with Our customers to streamline their integrations and help them improve their workflows.
- Work with the DevOps teams to streamline processes and improve the developers and customers experience
What you need is
- B.Sc/M.Sc degree in Computer Science or equivalent, from a well-known university
- 4+ years of experience in leading a software team and mentoring engineers
- 8+ years of experience in developing Web Applications
- Deep knowledge in Python / Node.JS / Ruby and Rest Frameworks (Django / Express / Rails.
- deep understanding of cloud-based development, NoSQL and serverless
- Ability to lead an agile based feature development, design new projects, and work with stakeholders, both in the Tel-Aviv and San Francisco
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools
- Full proficiency in English
*The position applies both to men as to women