We are seeking an outstanding, innovative, and creative Scientist to join our antibody discovery effort. This Scientist will play multiple roles within the Pharma group (located in Guangzhou, China) and will work within a team responsible for antibody discovery utilizing a number of in vitro display technologies, e.g. phage display, ribosome display, and yeast display.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Contribute to display library design and construction using public and in-house generated data.
- Lead the generation of therapeutic and reagent antibodies by phage, ribosome or yeast display technologies to meet design criteria.
- Lead biopharma programs to maintain project timeline and report progress regularly to the project team.
- Help train and supervise research associates.
- Perform library construction, selection and screening to identify desirable antibodies against diverse targets, including cell expression targets.
- Apply Ab engineering tools and expertise to design and execute antibody humanization and optimization.
- Have solid knowledge in antibody phage display or other related display technology.
- Perform high throughput primary binding assays with automation.
- Work collaboratively under aggressive timelines.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- PhD or equivalent in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering or related field; MS / MA with 2-5 years; industry experience preferred.
- Extensive skills in molecular biology and antibody engineering methods/best practices and applications.
- Experience with one of the antibody display technologies, phage, ribosome or yeast required.
- Extensive use of scientific databases and applications for data management and data analysis, including, but not limited to, DNA sequence analysis of antibody genes.
- Experience in antibody characterization.
- Hands-on expertise with automated platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in their own language are required, and in the English language desired.
- Ph.D. or M.S. with antibody engineering experience
- Postdoctoral experience preferred
- Experience with library design and construction
- Strong knowledge with phage, ribosome or yeast display
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment is essential
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Work cross functionally within and across the department effectively as a team-player.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.