Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
As a Sr Materials Planner, you will be the champion of our product data, ensuring it is of high integrity and is managed effectively. You will drive continuous improvement of our processes, grow the capabilities of current systems, and evaluate new systems to meet our expanding needs. You will be responsible for seamless, rapid implementation of components, BOMs, documents, and other product data supporting the business strategies and supply chain requirements. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive process improvement, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
- BOM preparation for new products using data collected from R&D, engineering, production, and purchasing.
- Edit existing BOMs with revision control in coordination with R&D, engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and various departments that could be impacted.
- Educate and train stakeholders on the importance of design control and impeccable product data.
- Provide excellent instruction documents and service to make product data management processes simple for the organization to grasp and follow.
- Identify high risk components for addition to BOMs.
- Identify data required and missing inputs needed to complete projects and communicate with stakeholders to complete BOM projects.
- Drive timely part setup, BOM releases, BOM changes to support new product introduction (NPI).
- Participate in continuous process improvements focused on systems, reporting, and data analysis efficiencies.
- Analyze proposed product design changes to determine effect on the BOM.
- Establish traceability for items along product life cycle.
- Maintain and communicate project timelines.
- Responsible for all infrastructure, documentation reviews and approvals.
- Build workflow BOMs as well as traditional kit/part BOMs
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance on the Change Control process
- Write requirements for material tracking software systems and perform end user testing for approval for production releases.
- Train users on material tracking software systems.
- BA or BS degree in a technical or business related degree
- 3+ years experience in creating and managing BOMs in high tech, biotech or engineering environments
- Demonstrated understanding of BOM hierarchy, including hardware and software components
- Demonstrated understanding of product release cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in ERP (preferably SAP) and product lifecycle management applications such Agile, or comparable PLM tools
- Experience with requirement generation, testing, implementation and management of highly complex material handling systems, including internal custom software solutions
- Team player with strong English written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with diverse internal customer groups
- Direct experience in process documentation/improvement
- Proven ability to work with and influence peers and management and facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Organizes own workload and works closely with leadership to ensure workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines; Operates with a sense of urgency and strong follow-up skills.
- General understanding of Engineering / Manufacturing / Process Development/ Operations processes.
- Excellent computer skills, with a solid understanding of the typical PC applications, especially MS Office Applications. Heavy emphasis on Microsoft Excel skills, Google sheets, including comparison functions and data analysis.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, IVD, and FDA 21 CFR 820 standards.
- Experience with cGMP manufacturing under cGMP/cGLP compliance a plus.