Twist’s Technology department is looking to add a key member to help us build Twist’s next-gen lab software. As the Technical Product Manager of lab software, you will work closely with key stakeholders from our lab operations group to scope, define and build a new lab management system that will support the needs of our fast-growing company. The position includes working with key stakeholders, defining product features, writing user stories, and functional specifications documents. Work closely with - technology PMO to build a product roadmap and rollout plan, development teams to prioritize work, QA team to write test plans, and lab operators for training and collecting feedback.
To excel in this role, you are an individual with a passion for building web-based applications with an ability to comprehend complex processes, translate them into software features, and continuously push for the best execution and on-time delivery. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, analytical, and problem solving oriented. To succeed in this position you will need to be extremely motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment. If the aforementioned skills describe you, we’d like to meet you to discuss this unique opportunity.
What will you do?
- Work closely with key stakeholders and transform business requirements into product features.
- Define requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria for product functions and features
- Work with stakeholders to build a product roadmap and a rollout plan.
- Hold regular product reviews with development and QA teams ensuring that the product meets business requirements
- Work closely with SW architects to plan database tables schema and integration points to upstream and downstream systems.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders to review deliverables, get feedback, and communicate back to the development team.
- Write How-to documents, training plans, and oversee user training and roll out.
- Provide guidance to lab operations analysts on configuring lab workflows.
What will you bring to the team?
- BA/BS, Computer Science, or related technical degree.
- 4+ years experience as product manager of B2B SAAS products preferably MES\LIMS or other workflow-based systems.
- Self-motivated, organized individual with strong oral and written communication skills across different business functions.
- Proven experience working with agile methodologies.
- Understanding of UX design principles and experience working with stakeholders as part of a design process.
- Experience with product lifecycle management.
- Must be detail-oriented, with great time management skills.
- Experience in designing relational databases and drafting ERD diagrams is a plus.
- Willingness to dive deep into the world of synthetic biology and lab operations.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.