We are looking for an outstanding Scientist to join our SVL Production team. The scientist will support SVL Production efforts in developing custom DNA-based applications and assays for Synthetic Biology products. The ideal candidate will be driven and willing to learn new techniques. This position will design and perform experiments, collect and analyze data for the development of Synthetic Biology products and applications. The ideal candidate will be familiar with developing and optimizing commercial products including formulation and protocols. This position will interact closely with bioinformaticians on data analysis and other key groups across the Twist organization.
- Conceive and develop new protocols leveraging Twist’s high throughput DNA synthesis capabilities.
- Support day-to-day custom molecular biology product operations to remove any blockers
- Independently analyze NGS data to troubleshoot operations process failures and devise next steps
- Independently evaluate and assess new methods, technologies and processes that could improve and streamline production workflow
- Write requirements for design pipeline improvements using thorough understanding and knowledge of mutagenic primer design
- Investigate and resolve existing production incident issues
- Develop new and optimize existing products by designing and executing experiments, collecting data, analyzing and presenting results
- Collaborate and communicate with internal teams to evaluate incoming custom molecular biology projects for feasibility.
- Develop and set QC thresholds for new products
- Support, contribute to and execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Build Manufacturing Batch records (MBRs)
- Write and edit work instructions (WINs) for new and existing products
- Perform and Verification and Validation as required
- Ph.D. with 1+ years or M.S. with 5+ years of industrial experience in library construction with some experience in automation is preferred
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques including synthetic biology applications, gene synthesis, molecular cloning, enzymatic assays, PCR/qPCR, and NGS library preparation.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Experience developing products for commercial launch.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills. Proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to identify problems and use a combination of knowledge, intuition, and experience to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and experimental planning
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and tight turnaround times
- Willingness to work over weekends when necessary
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities/tasks including working in the lab, as necessary
- Coding skills in R, Python or equivalent languages are nice to have
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.