Reporting to the Director of Process Development, the Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management, coordination and implementation relative to the Specialty Production businesses of Twist Bioscience.
The position manages all of the communications required to facilitate each project, as follows: communication with customers, global sales & support, Twist customer service, Twist legal and the specialty production technical group, including, but not limited to non-disclosure agreements, designs, customer quotes, master service agreements, purchase orders, statements of work, shipments and invoicing.
- Respond directly or directs all incoming inquiries from customers and the global sales & support organizations to the appropriate expertise within the Specialty Production Team; respond quickly and professionally with the information provided by the Specialty Production Team in response to all customer and internal inquiries; maintain records
- Work with Product Management and Specialty Production leads to manage project capacity to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve business goals; assess new requests based on opportunity size
- Coordinate and collate detailed input from customers and/or the global sales & support teams ensuring that the project data supports the needs of the customer and reflects the capabilities of the Specialty Production Team
- Work with Specialty Production Team to collect costing for specific projects as part of quote preparation
- Working with the leadership of the Specialty Production team to prepare and distribute quotes for projects; maintain an up-to-date database of issued quotations
- Collect, collate and maintain easily accessible database of NDAs, quotes, project designs, orders and shipments
- Maintain (transparent) accessible list of Specialty Production WIP
- Work with Specialty Production team to recognize repeat order patterns and recommend transferring to production.
- Act as main SFDC interface on behalf of the Specialty Production Team.
- Provide updates on project progress as agreed with certain customers.
- Manage communication between customers and the internal team providing order fulfillment details and deliverables
- General knowledge of Specialty Production work flows.
- Participate in training the sales teams and support selling activities as appropriate.
- Support the creation of content collateral and product messaging to convey value proposition to target markets
- Any other “ad hoc” projects not listed above as required from time to time
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the life sciences or related field, with >2 years in a customer facing role
- Requires bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or related life science field. Advanced degree and / or hands on laboratory experience a bonus
- Customer communication from inquiry to delivery of services
- Understanding of services offering and customer workflows that the services offerings address
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, and to work effectively with customers, internal operations and sales teams
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects that meet customer expectations
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Hands on, high energy, positive attitude with a can do attitude that gets it done
- This is not an IT related role
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.