At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We are building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us! To add to our growth, we are seeking a Sr Accountant to contribute their expertise to our finance team. The position will report to our Accounting Manager. This is a hands-on position that will interface daily with internal departments and our leadership team. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in financial accounting, has worked in fast-paced environment, is adaptable to change, and is capable of helping to create and operate controlled scalable processes.
You will be an integral part in shaping how we build our systems-infrastructure to automate the reporting and reconciliation of transaction data from various sources while implementing key controls to ensure the complete and accurate reporting of our numbers.
We are actively expanding our team. In exchange for your precious time and energy, we offer incredible upward mobility as we grow, a fantastic culture, top-notch benefits, and more!
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closing process, preparing journal entries, balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, trend and account/project analysis for internal distribution.
- Assist in administering current controls and processes, and make recommendations for process improvement projects and ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Prepare various analysis and schedules to support quarterly review and annual audit process
- Functional support of SAP project implementation through user acceptance testing
- Work on many value-added projects to scale our processes
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data from various sources such SAP, CRM bank data, etc.
- Assist in annual audits, preparing audit schedules, other audit requests and interacting directly with external audit staff
- Reach conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and then communicate accounting conclusions
- Comply with a high level of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care
What You Will Bring to the Team
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent, with strong US GAAP knowledge.
- Track record of successful experience of 4-6 years working in the accounting/reporting field, preferably with a recognized accounting firm
- CPA and accounting experience required
- Proven experience working in a hands-on role in the day-to-day operation of the accounting department
- Thorough and detail-oriented, able to perform effective self-reviews of all work produced
- Must be highly reliable with an ability to work with independence
- Must be able to take the initiative on projects and tasks, and work proactively with business partners to achieve results
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate financial concepts and/or analytical findings
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- SAP ERP Knowledge is a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.