In this position you will be the Twist lead for all consolidations and intercompany transactions as well as responsible for all US based tax filings. This is a newly created position due to growth in the company and you will be part a team of fantastic accountants in a fast pace high growth environment. You will manage all intercompany eliminations between the corporate headquarters and numerous subsidiaries in Israel, Singapore, and China. You will support the close process as needed reporting to the Assistant Controller. You will manage the tax provision, sales & use tax filings, property, VAT, and non-corporate tax filings. As the business grows you will monitor and advise key stakeholders on Nexus activity triggering events to change regulatory state for future tax filings. You will manage Twist’s outsourced sales tax filing partner. You will monitor new tax laws and implement policies and procedures to keep Twist in compliance with the new laws. As part of the accounting team you will support month and quarter end financial close activities and process improvement projects. This would be a great first job out of local or regional public accounting firm’s tax department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage the consolidations process ensuring intercompany eliminations are properly recorded on monthly basis – coordinating with the key stake holders in the company’s subsidiaries
- Support the financial close by preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis as needed
- Manage all monthly and quarterly sales & use tax filings through Twist with our outsourced tax provider
- Prepare and file all property & local jurisdiction tax returns as well as preparing journal entries and account reconciliations associated with these filings.
- Lead liaison with outside accounting firm in preparation of tax provision on a quarterly basis preparing all PBC items as necessary.
- Prepare all workpapers for VAT filings and be the lead liaison with outsourced VAT filing partner for EU filing submissions.
- Coordinate and subordinate Twist subsidiaries on foreign local tax jurisdiction as needed.
- Support monthly and quarterly financial close by preparing journal entries, account reconciliation and ad hoc analysis
- Support quarterly and annual audit requests from external auditors as needed
- Lead and support process improvements and special projects as needed.
- Excellent project management, verbal communication, analytical and written skills.
- Learn the details and be prepared to roll up your sleeves, when needed in order to meet executive expectations
What You Will Bring to the Team
- BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent, with strong US GAAP knowledge.
- Experience doing consolidations and eliminations of intercompany profit and knowledge of ASC 830
- Track record of successful experience of 4-6 years working in the accounting
- Experience filing various non-corporate income tax, multi-state sales tax and property
- CPA preferred
- Thorough and detail-oriented, able to perform effective self-reviews of all work produced
- Must be highly reliable with an ability to work with independence
- Must be able to take the initiative on projects and tasks, and work proactively with business partners to achieve results
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate financial concepts and/or analytical findings
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- 4+ years of experience and strong knowledge of regulatory tax filing process
- SAP ERP knowledge is a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.