In this position you will be the internal lead on all new revenue and collaboration agreements documenting the company’s revenue recognition position. For all contract agreements with financial impact you will be the lead in formulating Twist accounting position. In addition, you will be the company’s internal leader for SOX 404B compliance for ongoing reporting and processes working with the pertinent stakeholders. This position reports to the Director of SEC and will support SEC filings as needed. This is a hands-on managerial role where at Twist everyone roles up our sleeves to problem solve, meet goals and succeed for the team and company. You will mentor more junior accountants as opportunities arise.
What You Will Be Doing
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Lead the operational and technical accounting for all new accounting pronouncements and new projects or initiatives. Establish accounting process and internal control framework over newly implemented accounting rules working the accounting/finance team and broader stakeholders
- Assist in reviewing revenue contracts to evaluate revenue recognition treatment and ensuring that revenue is accounted for in accordance with US GAAP, in-particular as it relates to Gross to Net accounting for Pharma product sales in the US (ASC 606) and collaboration revenues (ASC 808).
- Collaborate with the Sales, Legal and Product Management Teams in an advisory capacity when launching new products and during customer contract negotiations…objective is to provide insights into potential Revenue Recognition pitfalls and identify solutions as appropriate
- Support the development and maintenance of company-wide accounting policies.
- Be the internal lead on SOX 404B working with the company’s independent audit firm and outside consultant firm
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement.
- Excellent project management, verbal communication, analytical and written skills.
- Review journal entries, prepare account reconciliations and support the month end close process as necessary
- Collaborate with the FPA (Financial Planning & Analysis) team on revenue forecasts
- Learn the details and be prepared to roll up your sleeves, when needed in order to meet executive expectations
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 10+ years of relevant experience in accounting, life science and biotech experience preferred
- BS/BA in Business with option in accounting
- Active CPA License is required
- Big 4 or Large National/Regional Audit experience as a Manager is a major plus.
- Possess strong working knowledge of ASC 606 and must be comfortable with sorting through contract ambiguities
- Experience working on technical topics and formulating management’s position based on the fact-based pattern as it related to ASC literature
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.