Twist is looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our R&D Bioinformatics Team. You will work alongside molecular and computational biologists to further deliver on our mission to extend and improve our Target Enrichment products. You will help design experiments, perform analyses, build tools, and collaborate with bench scientists in all aspects of Target Enrichment for a variety of applications. Our ideal candidate will have strong domain knowledge in genomics, excellent programming skills, and deep experience with next-generation sequencing (NGS) and analysis. Excellent communication and problem solving are essential.
- Develop bioinformatics solutions for various target enrichment applications
- Analyze NGS data to assess experiment performance and inform experiment design
- Collaborate with R&D Scientists in all phases of R&D work, and advise on genomics problems
- Perform NGS Target Enrichment panel design and analysis, including the implementation of custom algorithms
- Write and package pipelines for the design or analysis of NGS Target Enrichment experiments
- Support the wider R&D team with general bioinformatics needs
- Interact with internal customers to develop novel applications
Required skills and experience:
- Ph.D. or MS in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics or similar discipline
- Strong programming skills (Python)
- Proven ability to develop custom algorithms for DNA-based applications
- Broad experience with NGS technologies (Illumina, PacBio, 10X genomics, etc), and applications (cancer, genotyping, viral, metagenomics, RNA-seq, single-cell, etc.)
- Deep experience in NGS data analysis including common tools (eg. bwa, GATK, Picard, etc.), file formats (FASTQ, BAM, VCF, BED), and databases (UCSC, Ensembl, NCBI)
- Strong background in genomics and genome structure, with a preference for human genomics
- Excellent data analysis and visualization skills
- Hands-on experience with version control, software package development
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of peers, including non-bioinformaticians
- Experience with Target Enrichment
- Familiarity with bioinformatics software platforms (Seven Bridges, DNAnexus)
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, geneti