We are looking for an outstanding automation engineer to join our Synthetic DNA development team. The Automation Engineering group at Twist Bioscience is a team of diverse backgrounds (ME, ChemE, EE, BioE, biologists and chemists) who tremendously impact all Twist processes and products. Our team is truly a visionary in the field of automation – it designs and develops novel robotic solutions that are used in development and production of synthetic DNA.
As an Automation Engineer, you will own the development of scalable and robust solutions for custom gene products. These solutions will be an interesting combination of HW, SW and biological systems. In doing so, you will drive the development of these solutions from conception, design, bring-up and validation. The focus will be on liquid handling, mechanical design and data analytics.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Experience with robotic liquid handling systems for laboratory processing of synthetic DNA, cells, and reagents. NGS experience a plus.
- Put your process development skills to work. Conceptualize and build cross-platform integration systems for end-to-end automation solutions.
- Collaborate with team members, tech transfer, research, and development teams to optimize existing processes, flesh out requirements for new processes, and integrate hardware with sample tracker and Twist LIMS.
- Operation of a range of analytical instruments and liquid handlers. Also responsible for the evaluation of new technologies.
- Lead validation projects, prepare documentation, and support existing systems.
- 4+ years experience in operating and programming robotic liquid handlers from third party vendors such as Hamilton and Tecan.
- Degree in Engineering, Life Sciences or related field & 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- Proven track record of translating assays from laboratory bench to stand alone workstations or integrated platforms.
- Experience scripting instrumentation methods and utilizing scheduler software such as Cellario, Green Button Go, or Overlord. Software development experience a plus.
- Experience with sample tracking software and developed interfaces between robotic instrumentation and LIM systems.
- Experience with instrumentation used for PCR, cell-based cloning, mini-prep extraction, and purification is desirable.
- Excellent scientific computation and data analysis capabilities.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.