The primary responsibilities of the Commercial Counsel (Two Openings) will be to support Twist Bioscience, a leading synthetic biology and genomics company, on a variety of contracting, licensing, product-related and marketing matters. The Commercial Counsel will provide such legal support to Twist’s growing Commercial, Biopharma, and/or Data Storage divisions. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic legal team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial, pharma, and data storage agreements and other legal documents, including inbound and outbound supply and services agreements, OEM and distribution agreements, end user license agreements, in- and out-licensing agreements, collaboration agreements, strategic partnership agreements, pre-clinical agreements, government price and subcontractor agreements, material transfer agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Developing standard terms and template language for commercial, pharma, and data storage agreements.
- Draft and maintain applicable playbooks.
- Review marketing material relevant to Twist’s Commercial, Biopharma and Data Storage divisions.
- Manage processes and workflows governing the intake, review, and approval of commercial, pharma, and data storage agreements and marketing requests.
- Advise business and cross functional stakeholders on best practices and legal updates affecting contracting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- J.D. Required. Registered to practice in California or be eligible for Registered In-House Counsel (RIHC) status in California.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience at a major law firm and/or in-house legal department at a biotech or pharma company, with an emphasis on contracting and commercial experience in the life sciences.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and managing a high volume of commercial, pharma and data storage agreements, and fostering strategic partnerships.
- Familiarity with synthetic biology and sequencing products and processes, drug development landscape, antibody therapies, personalized medicine, and data storage/security.
- The ability to manage outside counsel and assess when consultation with outside counsel is appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tight deadlines in a fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent judgment in assessing risks and benefits.
- Creative problem solver.
- Hands-on attorney.
- Experience building for scale.
- Experience with domestic (U.S.) and international contracts.
- Strong background in the life sciences, with a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in molecular biology, chemistry, pharmacology or related fields preferred.
- At least 2 years (out of the 3-5 years of total experience) spent at a major law firm.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.