Twist’s Business Systems Solutions Architect Team is looking to add a key member to help us keep our daily business operations running smooth. The primary responsibility for this position will be defining and scoping software solutions to support Twist’s business teams and processes. The position includes working with key business users and subject matter experts, gathering business requirements, writing specification documents, and working with software engineering teams to ensure quality delivery.
To excel in this role, you are an individual experienced in defining business processes, have deep knowledge of business information systems, and are passionate about driving business impact through process optimization and data-driven insights. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills, is extremely motivated, results-driven, and enjoys working in a team environment. If the aforementioned skills describe you, we’d like to meet you to discuss this unique opportunity.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with subject matter experts and product owners to gather business requirements and translate into functional specification documents for development teams.
- Oversee an effective change management process to facilitate the adoption of new requirements.
- Provide a combination of technical and business expertise to the business teams and key stakeholders in the organization and help to optimize business processes through software solutions.
- Work with development teams to build plans and estimations for delivering software solutions to the organization.
- Design dashboards, run analysis reports on the data warehouse to identify systems and process gaps, and maintain data integrity.
- Provide reporting and analytics for the technology group leadership.
- Support in designing and creation of training material and conducted internal training sessions for business users.
- Support and develop User Acceptance Testing plans, coordinate testing, and document test results of new systems/reporting functionality and processes
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Passion and talent for the BSA profession, problem-solving and out of the box thinking.
- 8+ years of related experience as a BSA preferably in the Biotechnology Industry.
- Proven experience in writing SQL queries and building reports on BI tools ( preferably Tableau), understanding relational DBs, and analyzing data sets for business processes optimization and identifying issues.
- Proven experience in gathering business requirements from key stakeholders and transforming them into a working software solution for both homegrown and shelf products (preferably Salesforce and SAP).
- Experience in working on a distributed systems environment that includes both Saas and homegrown applications.
- Experience in writing and delivering business requirements and functional specification documents
- Great communication skills, team player, and fast executer.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.