As part of the Business systems team, as an Sr SAP ABAP developer, they are accountable to implement software solutions based on SAP systems, on premise and cloud Platform. They will provide technical, business analysis and communicate with stakeholders. They have the passion to build and implement innovative solutions to best fit Twist’s needs. They maintain, promote and sustain technical knowledge.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintain the development standards and guidelines related to SAP ERP while improving the lifecycle of the tools that support it, in coordination with other business systems and software engineering teams.
- Strive for harmonization and reusability from a technical development perspective. Actively promote technical architecture principles to using standard SAP, related to application development.
- Translating functional requirements into technical specifications and ABAP coding solutions. Working closely with the functional team to determine optimal programming solutions.
- Executing system unit testing, supporting integration testing and regression testing. Documenting and controlling all changes made to the production systems, transition and post go-live support.
- Contribute in creating and maintaining ERP architecture strategy, vision and guidelines in alignment with the Business systems and Enterprise architecture teams.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert of SAP developments and tools and proactively share knowledge with other team members, provide guidance and in some cases. Keep up to date with technologies, especially S/4 development and generally, ERP.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years SAP ABAP experience with in-depth knowledge of general ABAP programming techniques with programming Function Modules, Object-Oriented ABAP, User Exits, Enhancements and Dialog Programming preferred.
- Required Skill Set – Including, but not limited to, ABAP on HANA, HANA modelling, OO ABAP, Gateway for OData service building, XML, REST Web Service, BAPI, BAdI, IDocs.
- Working knowledge of SAP interfacing technologies (ALE/IDocs, BAPIs, flat-file interfaces) preferred.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of SAP interfacing technologies (RFCs, BAPI's, ODATA).
- Expertise in Native HANA development and ABAP CDS views, experience in creating complex HANA views with aggregations and joins.
- Experience with SD, MM & FI modules. Experience and functional expertise in integrating with middleware technologies.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of prioritizing workload to complete multiple tasks while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Self-motivated and team player. Must have strong design, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.