Programmable DNA, the software of life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications including even long term storage of data encoded in DNA.
We are rapidly scaling up and need to develop an excellent supply chain team in order to make it happen. We need a highly skilled, cross-functional team player to develop our planning processes and optimize our inventory levels. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to take a leadership role in developing great planning processes and tools. This role requires an individual that can be effective at being hands-on in the short-term while developing a strategic path forward that will deliver world-class planning results.
The Senior Supply Planner will:
- Oversee all catalog finished goods demand planning, track order trends and assure a consistently high level of product availability to customers.
- Apply the demand plan into SAP planning tools and communicate updates to all stakeholders.
- Monitor for changes in production capacity and ensure that safety stock levels of raw materials are modified accordingly and promptly.
- Partner with the Purchasing & Manufacturing teams in updating and sustaining safety stock levels. Monitor compliance to safety stock and report metrics weekly.
- Identify major process improvement opportunities, attain cross-functional buy-in, and lead project activities required to attain measurable and sustainable improvement.
- Proactively assess supply risks, propose solutions to senior management, attain sponsorship, and lead projects that effectively address risk.
- Own the SAP data integrity for all inventory materials from NPI through obsolescence stages. Implement processes and tools to identify data issues and drive corrective actions.
- Collaborate with Finance to project Excess & Obsolete inventory. Drive elimination and minimize idle or slow-moving inventories.
- Support related planning activities as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain.
Failure to perform the essential functions of this job may lead to or result in: poor customer satisfaction; manufacturing shortages; increased costs; inefficient Supply Chain operations; poor relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Supply Planning
- Able to plan and monitor material supply via a variety of ERP planning methods (e.g. MRP, Reorder Point). Able to coach teammates on best practices and techniques.
- Able to develop processes and tools (SAP or other) to actively monitor safety stock compliance and concurrently control inventory value within targets. Able to develop reports and report key metrics to all stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Demand Planning
- Able to organize key inputs from a variety of stakeholders and synthesize a clear demand plan.
- Able to develop processes and tools to sustain a routine to update the plan.
- Problem Solving
- Ability to quickly analyze problems, investigate and determine solutions.
- Project Management
- Able to define goals and plans, then manage a project to successful completion.
- Able to manage a wide variety of tasks, maintain and communicate task status to stakeholders. Proactive follow-up to ensure on-time completion of deliverables.
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Able to present detailed analyses and proposals to all levels of management. Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and comparable Google apps.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience balancing product availability with inventory value in a rapidly growing life sciences or high-technology manufacturing environment.
- Experience developing programs, processes, and procedures to enable an effective scale-up of the supply chain function.
- 6+ years of planning experience in technology-driven companies where the expected skill set above was used extensively.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.