We are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join our Legal Department in South San Francisco. The Paralegal, Contracts and Legal Operations will support the Legal Department in meeting the various demands of Twist’s growing business operations, including, but not limited to: the implementation of a contract lifecycle management system; intake, review, tracking, and filing of a wide variety of legal contracts and agreements; assistance with various corporate governance and strategic initiatives (e.g., track company-wide trainings compliance). You will be expected to work independently, while under the supervision and direction of a licensed attorney.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Implement and maintain the legal contracts lifecycle management system.
- Prepare and review confidentiality agreements with minimal attorney supervision.
- Assist with the execution of a wide range of day-to-day legal contracts typical of a biotech or life-sciences company including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements and work orders, and other vendor and general business contracts.
- Provide support with employee compliance trainings, tracking, and follow up reminders.
- Communicate effectively within and across the organization as well as with external business contacts.
- Work with supervising attorneys on the Legal Department’s budgeting process.
- Assist all the attorneys on the team with the continued implementation of systems, procedures, manuals, playbooks, templates, and best practices for the Twist Legal Department.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor's Degree required; Paralegal Certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a contracts and/or corporate paralegal, supporting contractual needs of research, manufacturing, and/or commercial departments and/or preferably, such departments in the life sciences/biotechnology industry.
- Good understanding of standard contractual clauses and experience with drafting simple agreements (e.g., confidentiality agreements, statements of work, etc.) with minimal attorney supervision.
- Familiarity with records retention policies and contract management systems.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on written and verbal communication.
- Ability to clearly express oneself verbally and in writing with all employees and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Fluent user of Microsoft Office application suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and equivalents (e.g., Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Drive), with proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, HelloSign, and other common office software tools.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.