We are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Financial Analyst to join our finance team reporting to the VP, Finance. The Financial Analyst's responsibilities include assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership. In addition, you will also be responsible for providing project teams with financial guidance and assisting with monthly close processes.
To be successful as a Financial Analyst, you should be able to perform a variety of financial activities including planning, analysis, budgeting, and reporting. You must have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner. You will be asked to participate in or lead projects related to the decision analysis and process improvements. You will also sometimes develop requirements and design dashboards within our Business Intelligence platforms Tableau and Empower.
- Develop financial models, perform benchmarking, and size markets
- Explore investment options and present risk and opportunities
- Forecast quarterly and annual profits
- Prepare make-buy and should cost projections
- Analyze and report on current financial status
- Conduct thorough research of historical financial data, markets, and forecasts
- Coordinate with the VP Finance, CFO, and the executive team on long-term decision and financial modeling
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in budgeting (for departments and projects)
- Establish policies and procedures to standardize decision analysis, especially as it relates to strategic and new product investments.
- Find and promote means to improve the overall performance, efficiency, and effectiveness of the business and finance department
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
- Support or lead projects related to complex decisions and process improvement
- Build dashboards within the Twist Business Intelligence environment.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and modeling.
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Working knowledge of financial strategies.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience evaluating market opportunities and applying the finance tool box to evaluate product development priorities, evaluate strategic options, and performing should cost and make-buy type analyses.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including in front of colleagues and management.
- High aptitude in Excel Decision Modeling and proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP, Oracle, or related financial systems.
- Understanding of all three financial statements and their inter-relationships.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time.
Nice to Have skills:
- Proven experience designing dashboards within a Business Intelligence or data discovery platform such as Power BI, Tableau, or Qlikview.
- Bio-tech experience
- Manufacturing and costing experience
- Experience with product line and product roadmap management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work within teams directly and through a matrixed environment.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
The ideal candidate will bring a high degree of business acumen to the table with a bias toward action and the use of his or her financial acumen to present facts, articulate risks and opportunities, and help management make decisions that accelerate growth and profit. Your natural inclination is to partner with others across the business to deliver results. You demonstrate the ability to use information using a finance viewpoint that your colleagues trust and respect, which allows you to positively influence key decisions. You will serve as a go-to finance analyst that balances problem-solving, flexibility, and financial pragmatism. You are a self-starter that rolls up your sleeves, gets stuff done, and molds your span of responsibility for maximum impact.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.