Director SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Reporting to the, Senior Director Corporate Controller. the Director SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting will be responsible for managing all SEC reporting, filings and related analysis to ensure the accurate reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP. The individual will be responsible for multi-tasking on many projects and deliverables. This position will have senior executive exposure and will work with auditors, lawyers and other specialists on a regular basis. The candidate will have a sustained reputation for putting the company first, as well as a values-driven work style where integrity and grit drive all behaviors, decisions and actions, SEC reporting experience (S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, XBRL), excellent project management skills, can work independently in a highly collaborative team environment and demonstrates a strong acumen with technical accounting research and consultations.
- Direct the preparation, review, and submission, of financial statements and other filings as required by government and regulatory agencies including the US SEC
- Project manage all aspects of public reporting process: preparing financial statements, foot notes, MD&A, tie out binder and all auditor questions for 10Ks and 10Qs.
- Manage the timely preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements
- Lead relationship with external auditors, oversee preparation of technical accounting memos for management conclusions and audit purposes.
- Provide guidance and oversight to accounting team for revenue recognition on all new contracts for 606 compliance. Twist has implemented ASC 606.
- Implement and maintain with new accounting pronouncements under US GAAP / ASC
- Monitor the effects and assessing/communicating the effects of assigned proposed accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations and supervise drafting and/or draft disclosures in the financial statements and footnotes
- Assist the Controller with all relevant corporate tax areas and be a liaison with the third-party accounting firm engaged in the corporate tax function
- Proactively identify, research, consult and draft technical memorandums on significant proposed and or completed transactions and complex issues.
- Preparation of financial materials and other materials used in presentations to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Oversee equity accounting and reporting including calculations for weighted average shares outstanding, diluted shares, EPS and stock-based compensation expense.
- Assist the Controller in managing internal controls and compliance programs and support SOX compliance in setting up narratives and control matrices
- Experience in managing an Equity Administration System (EASI/Certent) related to stock options, and restricted stock is a plus. This position is the lead on equity administration and ensuring the CAP table is accurately stated.
- Lead accounting group in implementing ASC 842 – Leases. The company has multiple leases in place and this will be a major project to be completed by year end: September 30th.
- Complete, document and communicate and/or present ad-hoc projects and analysis as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work well with others, collaborative approach
- 10-15 years of public accounting and industry experience required (minimum of 5 years in Big 4 public accounting)
- Three or more years of prior managerial experience
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Active CPA license is required
- Working experience of using SEC filing software application
- Ability to project mange and own their work product
- Hard working, detail oriented and ability to motivate teammates
- Professional and personable demeanor
- Proven solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP
- International experience
- Experience and familiarity with biotech and technology manufacturing industry preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Proficient experience in using Oracle, SAP or other comparable ERPs