The Synthetic Library/Biopharma Applications Specialist from a scientific point of view, supports the establishment of Twist’s strategic goals in the area of variant libraries and antibody development solutions. Providing technology support, building technical relationships with key customers, identifying business opportunities and maintaining extensive knowledge of existing and future market opportunities.
Primary responsibility is to act as a technical information conduit between the internal Twist Pharma group, the library fabrication teams and potential clients, collaborators and partners to maximize revenue for Twist Bioscience, Inc. You will also support business development, sales, marketing, and other key managers to maximize business opportunities.
This role reports to the Director of Business Development for BioPharma and will support regional activities, in the United States, to identify, support and facilitate opportunities to create and grow potential business partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other related companies and academics in the implementation of Twist’s library technologies in the fields of antibody and protein engineering and antibody development solutions for the development of antibodies, non-antibody therapeutics and other engineered (non therapeutic) proteins.
You will be responsible for any technical support activities required to develop and support commercial contracts and agreements with customers, collaborators and partners. They will also be responsible for supporting and maintaining technical liaison activities with key internal Twist Pharma resources, the Twist library fabrication group and external pharma/biotech partner stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Often acting “back up” when required, liaise and support the library fabrication team on devising appropriate library fabrication strategies and protocols consistent with designs submitted by Twist customers (including Twist Pharma) achieving customer expectations
- Support the library fabrication teams to achieve revenue and profit goals by actively supporting library fabrication and QC protocols by representing the (reasonable) needs of Twist’s library customers, including Twist Pharma.
- Support internal and external development projects to enhance capabilities, including exploring future library products and antibody development services thereby maintaining Twist’s competitive advantage and ability to address new business opportunities.
- Support the commercial organization in selling existing and launching new product offerings and antibody development services by traveling with the global commercial team on a regular basis
- Present and represent Twist’s wide array of library and antibody development services via scientific presentations (oral & poster) at appropriate scientific conferences and often on-site at customer’s facilities
- Working in conjunction with Twist Pharma, Library Development and Twist R&D develop and co-author scientific/technical based collateral, including but not limited to scientific publications, “white papers” product literature, and slide decks that can be used by the commercial organization to achieve revenue goals
- Support the smooth transfer of new library products and antibody development services which will contribute to overall sales numbers from Twist Pharma, library fabrication and development and/or outside collaborators via Twist’s commercial organization.
- Support the introduction and train the commercial organization on all new product and service deliverables from the library fabrication team(s) to drive future revenue growth.
- Actively participate in a key support role to jump starting a technology driven innovative approach to library design and fabrication across the Twist organization. Inspire innovation at all levels within the library business and antibody development services business groups.
- Build close working relationships with all team members; engaging and supporting team members thereby creating trust and respect that drives work performance, satisfaction and positive work environment
- Keeping abreast of and evaluating technological developments for library fabrication.
- Interfacing directly on a technical/scientific level with potential customers pre or post sales to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Ensuring that Twist’s Values and Policies and Standards of Business Conduct are lived out, executed and practiced within organization area of responsibility.
- A customer-first mindset.
- A team player
- 5 or more years of experience of library fabrication techniques, with proven success managing resources across complex functions and working with teams across multiple geographies to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Experience managing within a library fabrication and molecular biology environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Strong insights and business acumen skills, analytical problem-solving skills, understanding of commercial operations.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical experience as well as a proven track record of transferring technology and products from R&D to manufacturing
- High energy, inspirational capabilities with exceptional communication and team building ability.
- Ability to quickly demonstrate credibility and build support for necessary initiatives.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree or PhD, in a biological science with relevant work experience.
- Passionate, inspirational, strategic thinker with a desire to excel and inspire others
- Ability to articulate strategic vision and operational tactics to influence positive change for the organization.
- Proven experience in communicating with high profile customers and building long-term successful customer relationships
- Willingness to travel abroad occasionally to support business related requirements and meetings with global teams
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.